Mini Medics teaches children about the importance of first aid. It shows them how to apply the techniques in a real-life situation. Therefore, children can remain calm in the event of an emergency and save a life.
Get children engaged and having fun whilst learning basic life-saving skills.
The course is educational, yet interactive and involves many practical activities all taught with no confusing jargon. As a result, children can stay engaged whilst learning.
Children will learn the basics of first aid from CPR to the Recovery Position. The full course content is:
- Contents of a first aid kit
- The importance of safety in first aid
- Talking to a casualty
- Contacting the emergency services
- What to do in a first aid situation (DR ABCD)
- The Recovery Position
- Abdominal thrusts and back blows (Choking)
- Wounds and bleeding
Who is the Mini Medics course suited to?
Mini Medics is ideal for children aged 8-11 however can be tailored to different age groups.
The course is ideal for:
- Primary and secondary schools
- Afterschool clubs
- Summer programmes
- Sports clubs
What we include?
Each child will receive a:
- 30 Page fully illustrated first aid booklet
- Cut out Mini Medics certificate
- Blue or red syringe pen
- Mini Medics worksheet with activities such as a crossword and word search
Other courses which are ideal for the education department are: