Contamination in your commercial water system can cause illness to your customers, staff and the general public. But with our ½ day Managing Water Systems Safely course you can discover the ins and outs of working hygienically with a commercial water system.
This course follows the water hygiene training criteria laid out in the Department of Health document HTM 04-01 Part B 2016.
Topics range from performing simple housekeeping tasks, such as outlet flushing, to establishing control measures that prevent contamination entering your system.
Therefore, after completing the course, you can minimise the risk of spreading harmful waterborne pathogens.
Take a look at the upcoming course dates above. Or, find out more about the course, below.
The course covers the criteria set about in the Department of Health document HTM 04-01.
The full course content is as follows:
- Understanding water hygiene
- Water hygiene legislation
- Local water hygiene safety policies and procedures
- The roles and responsibilities of employees/contractors working with a water system and/or water outlet
- Contamination in water distribution systems, water outlets and components.
- Common waterborne pathogens and their consequences – aeruginosa, Mycobacteria, Strentrophomonas, etc.
- Common ways contamination enters the water system
- Control measures for preventing contamination
- Methods of disinfection and cleaning
- Equipment and tools for cleaning water outlets and your water system
- Suitable hygiene practices when working with clean water
- Staff/contractor clothing, footwear and tools.
- Designing your water system
- Water system components and accessories i.e. shower heads, thermostatic mixing valves (TMVs), taps, etc
- Storing and handling water pipes and components
Assessment and Certification
After completing the course, you will sit a short multiple-choice question paper to test your understanding of the contents. If successful, you will receive a certificate of completion awarded by Livius Training Centre.
This certificate is valid for 3 years, after which, you will need to re-attend the course to update your knowledge.
Who Wrote the Course?
Our Managing Water Systems Safely training course was created by a healthcare facilities manager and an ex-water quality and public health scientist. Both of whom are backed with years of industry experience.
Who Teaches the Course?
Oswyn Parry is our course tutor.
Oswyn helped write the course using his 25+ year’s experience working as a water quality and public health scientist in the UK water industry.
Due to his extensive water hygiene knowledge, there will be ample opportunity to ask for advice during the course.
Who needs Managing Water Systems Safely training?
This course meets the HTM 04-01 recommendations for water hygiene training making it ideal for healthcare staff working with water systems and outlets.
In addition, workplaces with a commercial water system would benefit from this training, including:
- Care Homes
- Swimming Pools and Spas
- Leisure Centres
- Golf Courses
- Cricket/football/rugby clubs
- Caravan Parks and Camping Sites
- Estate management
Furthermore, job roles that would benefit include:
- Estate managers
- Facilities managers
- Infection prevention and control teams
- Building Services
- Cleaning and maintenance staff
- Health and Safety Managers
Why Choose Managing Water Systems Safely?
Benefits of choosing Managing Water Systems Safely:
- Meet HTM 04-01 guidance
- Reduce the risk of illness and infection to customers, the general public and staff
- ½ day course
- Taught and created by water industry experts
- Ample opportunity for discussion