Improve your mental health awareness and increase the understanding in your workplace.
Around 1 in 4 of us experience mental health issues at any one time and as a result 72 million working days are lost per year (according to the centre for mental health).
This 1 day course takes you through spotting signs of mental illness and methods for providing initial support to those in need.
During the course, you cover topics such as your mental health & wellbeing, helping employees/colleagues receive support and building a mentally healthy workplace.
Find our upcoming open course dates above.
Our Level 1 Introduction to Mental Health & Wellbeing course, covers the topics below;
- Mental Health Overview
- Mental Ill Health
- Responding to Difficult Situations
- Signs of Mental Health Deterioration
- Lifestyle & Mental Health
- Taking Care of Your Own Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Identify the Main Types of Mental Health
- Signs & Symptoms of Common Mental Ill Health
- Supporting People with Mental Ill Health
- Sources of Support
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
Assessment and Certification
This Level 1 Introduction to Mental Health & Wellbeing course involves a mixture of presentation, group discussions and workshop activities. There is a short multiple choice assessment at the end of the course in order to gain this qualification.
Therefore, all candidates that successfully pass the course will receive a certificate shortly after attending accredited by HABC.
We recommend you renew this course every 3 years, to keep up to date with the latest practices.
Who needs Mental Health Awareness training?
Every workplace be that a school, office, factory or construction site, is responsible for the welfare of their staff. A mental health awareness course is a great way to ensure you are looking after your staff’s mental wellbeing and therefore maintaining a healthy workforce.
The Mental Health Awareness course is designed for those in management positions such as:
- HR managers
- Line Managers
- Site managers
However, the course is also great for those looking to support mental health wellbeing within a workplace.
Objectives of Mental Health Awareness
Your role is to offer non-judgmental support to those experiencing mental health issues.
Therefore, the objectives for mental health awareness include:
- Outlining common mental health issues, triggers and symptoms
- Giving the mental health first aider confidence to start difficult conversations surrounding mental health
- Providing information on how to guide an employee to further support