Comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998 with this Abrasive Wheels training course.
PUWER states that employers must provide adequate training in the safe use of work equipment. This extends to those working with and supervising the use of abrasive wheels. These are items such as bench grinders and angle grinders.
Candidates will learn a variety of topics including selecting the correct wheel, suitable PPE as well as working safely with an abrasive wheel. The full course content is:
- Legislation covering abrasive wheels
- Common accidents
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
- Choosing the correct safety glasses
- Use of abrasive wheels in confined spaces
- Daily checks on abrasive wheels and tools
Assessment and Certification
Candidates will undertake a multiple choice test paper to test their understanding.
Successful candidates will receive certificates accredited through Highfield Qualifications shortly after the training day.
We recommend renewing this qualification at least every 3 years to stay up to date with the latest procedures and legislation.
Who needs Abrasive Wheels training?
PUWER 1998 states:
- Every employer needs to ensure that everyone who uses work equipment is trained how to do so safely including methods of use, risks involved and precautions to be taken.
- Every employer must ensure that managers and supervisors who oversee the use of work equipment are trained to do so safely.
Therefore, this course is ideal for anyone who uses an abrasive wheel within the workplace or manages those that do.
Stay on top of your training by downloading our exclusive Training Organiser.