Comply with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR) with this Asbestos Awareness training course.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Regulation 10, requires every employer to provide adequate information, instruction and training to their employees who may become exposed to asbestos.
Asbestos awareness training is not training to work with asbestos, but for those who may become exposed to asbestos.
Candidates will gain an awareness of the hazards and risks posed by asbestos-containing materials (ACMs). The course also summarizes the legislation, which permits employees to safeguard themselves and others.
The full course content is:
- Understand what Asbestos is
- Understand why it was used
- Know the 3 types of Asbestos
- Identify the diseases caused by exposure to Asbestos
- Identify uses of Asbestos, and locations for Asbestos products in buildings
- Know how to avoid the risks from Asbestos
- Emergency procedures when Asbestos is discovered or disturbed
Assessment and Certification
Candidates will undertake a multiple-choice test paper to test their understanding. Successful candidates will receive an accredited certificate shortly after the training day.
This course will then require renewing every year in order to stay up to date with the latest legislation.
Who needs Asbestos Awareness training?
Anyone who could become exposed to asbestos should undertake this course. Trades Personnel regularly attend this course, including;
- Demolition Workers,
- Construction Workers,
- General Maintenance Staff,
- Heating and Ventilation Engineers,
- Telecommunication engineers,
- And other such professionals
Book your Asbestos Awareness Training Efficiently…
This course often runs alongside another half day health & safety course, so you can take 1 day out, gaining 2 qualifications. These courses are;
Stay on top of your training by downloading our exclusive Training Organiser.