Learn the basics of Quickbooks with our Quickbooks Beginners Workshop.
You will cover the key functionalities of Quickbooks, along with effective bookkeeping skills.
You will have the opportunity to complete exercises using the Quickbooks software, as well as watching your trainer. For computer software training this is a proven method of learning to improve understanding and knowledge retention.
Courses run in small groups thereby offering more 1-on-1 feedback with plenty of time to ask questions. Our Certified Quickbooks trainer will adapt to any specific requirements and will take things at a faster or slower pace where necessary.
Using Quickbooks software throughout the day you will learn:
- How to navigate around the software and set it up for your business’s needs, including:
- Configuring the software to suit your needs
- User access and rights
- Customising your chart of accounts
- Importing Data
- Using the App
- Money out – how to process purchase transactions, including:
- Adding new Suppliers
- Processing receipts efficiently
- Finding transactions
- Money in – how to process sales transactions, including:
- Adding new customers
- Customising your sales invoice format
- Setting up payment options
- Raising Sales Invoices
- Raising Estimates
- Adding chargeable Bills to sales invoices
- Banking – how to process banking transactions, including:
- Linking your business bank accounts
- Reviewing bank transactions
- Matching and adding
- Setting up Rules to save time
- VAT – processing your VAT returns from Quickbooks, including:
- Setting up VAT
- Making Tax Digital
- VAT rates
- Using the VAT error checker
- Submitting your VAT return
- Reporting – using the reports in Quickbooks
Candidates should bring along a laptop, so that they can have a go at using the software during the day.
You don’t need to worry if you don’t already have a Quickbooks subscription as we will use a training licence during the day.
Candidates will receive a certificate shortly after taking the course.
Who needs the Quickbooks Beginners Workshop?
This course is ideally suited to those who have limited to no working experience with the Quickbooks software.
Those who are likely to need this training include small business owners and new accountants who haven’t used the package beforehand.
Benefits of Quickbooks for your Business
QuickBooks is the market leader in bookkeeping software and was built specifically for business owners. Because of this, it is really user friendly and easy to use.
Because Quickbooks online is paid for as monthly subscription, the version you are using is always the latest one, with all the latest features and functions.
It is a live system, accessible by you and any other users you have added (for example your Accountant), at the same time. It is as up to date as your transactional processing, allowing you to access real time data on your business anywhere you have internet access.
It has loads of time saving features, and an App, all for one price.
Quickbooks is Making Tax Digital compliant.
Stay on top of your training by downloading our exclusive Training Organiser.