Introduce the basics of food hygiene to your front of house staff with this level 1 food hygiene course.
This course provides the ideal introduction to safe hygiene practices for those who work in a food business.
Candidates will be taught a variety of topics including food safety hazards, contamination and the benefits of good food hygiene.
The full course content is:
- Food safety hazards associated with customer service
- Benefits of good food service and costs when it goes wrong
- Avoiding cross-contamination
- Understanding allergens and customer needs
- Understanding food poisoning and personal hygiene
- Food safety for hot and chilled serving counters
- Cleaning and disinfection for safe food service
- Legal requirements for food handling
Assessment and Certification
Candidates will be given a course booklet to assist them throughout the course. At the end of the course, candidates will take a multiple-choice question paper to test their understanding.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate specifying their training shortly after the course.
We recommend that candidates retake the course every 3 years to refresh their understanding.
Who needs level 1 food hygiene training?
Level 1 food hygiene training is for all front of house staff and those who work in food business.
Job roles which are suitable include:
- Bar staff
- Food delivery drivers
- Kitchen Porters
- Front of house staff
Need a food hygiene course for food handlers? Try our Level 2 food hygiene course.
Looking for a specialised HACCP course? Try our Level 2 HACCP course
Stay on top of your training by downloading our exclusive Training Organiser.